Venture Forge is growing at an exciting rate, with a large number of clients joining our business and some exceptional team members joining as well.
We’re now looking to accelerate this even further with the appointment of a sales and marketing manager to help us get Venture Forge in front of leading brands and household names that we can help grow sales for on Amazon.
This is where you could fit in.
At Venture Forge, we help build high-growth Amazon businesses for B2B and B2C brands. We exist simply to help brands become exceptional at Amazon across the world.
We're a passionate team and our values are the key to our success. They underpin our unique approach – entrepreneurial flair, grounded in deep technical knowledge and sound insight. This is how we achieve exceptional results and satisfaction for our clients.
We’re now looking for the next person to join us on our adventure. Someone who will stand up and be counted, up our game at sales and marketing and drive more qualified leads for the business.
This is a remote position with some requirements for physical meetings in West Yorkshire but with masses of flexibility to how and where you work. Candidates should be UK based.
Head of Sales and Marketing
As our Head of Sales and Marketing, you’ll be responsible for getting Venture Forge seen by the right decision-makers and stakeholders in major brands that align with our target client base, creating marketing collateral to get their attention (events, content marketing and thought leadership) and using your sales prowess to prospect and nurture them through our marketing and sales funnel.
This is very much a hybrid role of sales and marketing with a need for someone who can not only fill the marketing funnel but someone who is also tenacious enough to go out and find prospects and nurture them through to a sales meeting.
Over time, this role will grow with the opportunity for this to become a more focussed role on sales, or marketing, with a broader team around you.
With this being a new role to the business, we are looking for someone who can own this role and make it their own - by taking a lead from our vision and strategy for the business, but empowering you to deliver the marketing and sales activity in the way you know best to drive the results we are looking for.
We’re big on accountability. So if you’re up for taking on a vision and making it happen, this is for you. If you prefer to be given a list of tasks to work from on a weekly basis - thanks, but you’re not for us.
Who we are looking for
- You’ll be accountable for creating and delivering our marketing plan and helping shape budgets and activity around this. Put simply - how are we going to get in front of the right prospects, when and at what cost?
- You’ll set and implement our marketing strategy which (currently) consists of virtual and physical events, content marketing, thought leadership, PR and organic social.
- Take a lead on managing the relationship with our external business development agency, as well as our PR and Social agencies.
- Be hungry, prospecting for and nurturing new business opportunities to the point where they become qualified for a sales meeting. Fill our funnel with great prospects, hungry to work with us.
- Own our website - including content and marketing strategy for it
- Report openly on your activity and successes. We’re a results focussed, KPI driven, business and run our business very much on the numbers and data.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an adventurous spirit aligned with our values. We’re a hungry, passionate business, looking for the right person to join our Venture Forge journey.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a sales and marketing manager in a digital/marketing agency, or similar
- Excellent grasp of B2B marketing and lead generation
- Experience in running events and/or exhibiting at trade events
- Great at building long-lasting relationships with our prospects, clients and internal team
- A desire to be a part of something that is growing quickly and on track to be the UK’s number one Amazon agency
Our values – does this sound like you?
- Empowered Ownership - We take responsibility for ourselves and our outcomes. We have a hunger for excellence and take pride in what we achieve. We hold ourselves to account, drive progress and commit to making things happen. We have the power, determination and tenacity to accomplish a positive impact.
- Dynamic Innovation - We challenge assumptions, question the norm and create better solutions. We’re agile, curious and analytical founding decisions on solid insight. We stay open-minded to find the best ideas. We have the courage to take smart risks knowing this is how we learn and grow. We continuously assess, evaluate and adapt, staying ahead of the curve, embracing change and pushing ourselves to be the best we can be.
- Bold Integrity - We are built on integrity. We do what we say we will with authenticity, candour and transparency. We are courageous, daring and do not hesitate to be frank if it benefits our customers and each other. We boldly say how it is, even if it’s uncomfortable.
- One Team - We collaborate closely, communicate openly and take time to help each other out. We work in partnership with our customers and one another to collectively achieve great things. Together we build a culture where we all thrive, do good and ultimately have an amazing time doing what we do.
What you get…
We reward and incentivise our people to create a culture where creativity, agility and results are the order of the day. There are little hierarchies and we work in cross-functional groups to bring the right experts together to get the best results possible.
- Competitive and progressive salary level - £35k to £40k basic
- Career and salary progression as your skill and capability grow
- Performance-related bonus scheme linked to the growth of our business
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working – you can work wherever you get the best work done
- Global coworking access including unlimited tea, coffee and refreshments
- £500 personal training budget per year
- Quarterly off-site days with the entire team
- You’ll have a real voice in the running of our business, as part of our senior leadership team
- Company share ownership scheme
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment
- Your work will count. You’ll make a difference every day